Last Updated: February 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information, including personal information, you provide directly to us in connection with the Services. For example, we collect information when you create an online/mobile application account and/or profile, use or access the Services, request or purchase the Services, fill out a form, provide us with your business card or other contact information, complete a survey, visit our booth at conferences, sign up to receive one of our newsletters, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, company name and contact details, job function, job title, names and contact information of individuals you work with, work related records and reports (including the location of a mining site), equipment, device, and tool information related to your account (e.g., serial number and date purchased), payment and payment card information, service activation codes, photographs, notes, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information, such as:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, or information about certain ESCO equipment, tools or devices you use, including the hardware model, MAC address, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Network Information: We may collect information about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds and network and application performance.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your use of our Services, such as how often the Services are used, the duration and quality of use, the types of use (e.g. data creation, storage, access, deletion), calibration data, project configuration data and operator data.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Use of Information
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information, including personal information, from other sources (for example, people you work with) and combine that with information we collect about you.
We may use information, including personal information, for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and payment card data and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Resolve technical issues related to the Services, and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, free trials, surveys, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you, including through electronic communications with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law; (please see “Your Choices” below)
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services and related equipment and those of third parties, with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests, with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose which is compatible with the purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With distributors, resellers, channel partners and others in connection with the sale and marketing of products and services offered by ESCO or on behalf of ESCO with your prior permission or where otherwise permitted by applicable law (please see “Your Privacy Rights” below for more information about your choices with respect to this type of sharing);
- With other users at your direction or through functionality available in the Services;
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With third parties who need access to such information to perform a service that you requested;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect our rights, property and safety and the rights, property and safety of others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of (including due diligence), any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, subject to our taking such further steps as may be required by applicable law; and
- With your consent or at your direction, such as where you decide to share information through an external API.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from accidental loss, theft, misuse, alteration and unauthorized access or disclosure, and unlawful or accidental destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
You may access, update, correct or delete personal information at any time by logging into your online account and updating your information or by emailing us at email@example.com
If you wish to deactivate or delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information for a reasonable period of time. Note that any updates, corrections, deletions of data or account deletions are subject to approval or confirmation by your employer, the enterprise account holder, as applicable.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com
. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device for updates and communications related to the Services. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.