Rapid Post-War Growth
Along with the general economy, ESCO grew rapidly following the war. Centrifugal and shellcast process foundries were added at the Portland site, as well as more sophisticated metallurgical laboratory facilities. In 1947, a manufacturing and distribution facility was opened in Danville, Illinois, to better serve the company’s growing customer base in the eastern U.S. and Canada.
A far-reaching decision was made at that stage in the company’s growth to henceforth distribute ESCO products primarily through independent dealerships. Today, the company relies on a network of nearly 200 dealers worldwide to sell and service ESCO earthmoving, crushing, conveying and forest-related products.