Expansion into the Nuclear Power Industry
In the 1950s, the company seized the opportunity to participate in the promising nuclear power industry. Sophisticated manufacturing and inspection technology was added which allowed ESCO to produce very high quality, high specification components for thermal power plants and the U.S. Navy.
The first two Canadian plants were built in 1957 near Vancouver, British Columbia. To penetrate overseas markets, the company sought out highly qualified foundries in Europe, South America, Africa, Australia and Japan to manufacture and/or market ESCO products under license.